The next start date is May 2019 at Carshalton College
This life-changing course will build your confidence, your skills and help you find your direction so you can progress onto work, training or education.
The course is free and you can still claim benefits and JSA when you're on the programme.
You'll get work experience, meet new people, learn practical skills and finish with a nationally-recognised qualification.
Some of the young people on our course have even won national awards for their commitment and contribution during the course.
During the 12 week programme you will:
- Get to know the other people in your team and take part in activities together to develop your confidence and gain valuable skills such as team building, communicating and problem solving.
- Go away for a one-week residential where you'll work together to complete a range of challenging but enjoyable tasks.
- Work on a project in the local community. You and the team will choose the project, organise fund raising and deliver the work needed to complete the task.
- Gain work experience in a field you're interested in - we'll help you set this up.
- Get help writing your cv, applying for jobs and practising interview techniques.
- Take part in a team challenge doing fundraising and support for a local organisation. There will also be a presentation and awards evening at the end of the course that you and the team will plan and host.
Where the course runs
Monday 13 May for 12 weeks.
You'll agree a behaviour contract at the start of the course and talk about your hopes for your future. You must attend all sessions. At the end of the course you'll review your progress with our teachers and youth workers.
You must be aged 16-25 to take part in this course. You cannot be in work or on any other training or education programme.
There may be materials you need to help with your studies. You'll either make a one-off payment for these when you enrol, or you'll buy them during the course. Your tutor will talk to you about this at interview or in your first class (if you don't need an interview).
Depending on your course and circumstances, you may be able to get funding to help with materials fees. Please check with us when you come in for interview or enrolment.
This course is a great platform to start planning for your future and many of our graduates go onto employment or a course straight away. We'll help you figure out what option is best for you - and how you can make this happen.
All courses run subject to demand and the content listed here should be used as a guide only. Course content may vary according to a range of factors such as course duration, teaching staff and requirements from awarding bodies.
Read Dylan's story who helps run the programme here.
How to Book