The Level 1 Diploma in Painting and Decorating qualification has been developed for achievement in a training environment which means you do not need to be employed to undertake this qualification.
This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding so you can progress to further training at level 2 and on successful completion of the level 2 progress into a job role in the workplace.
Course ContentIf you undertake this Level 1 Diploma in Painting & Decorating you will cover knowledge in three core subject areas:
- Health, safety and welfare
- Technical information, quantities and communication
- Knowledge of construction technology
You will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in:
- Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
- Prepare common surface types for decoration
- Apply basic paint systems by brush and roller
- Apply foundation and plain papers
- Produce standard decorative finishes
Entry Requirements There are no formal entry requirements to take this qualification. This qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area.
AssessmentYou will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area. You will be trained and assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified trainer whose job is to help you complete your qualification.