- Cache Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (EYE)
- Cache Level 2 Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Children and Young people’s Settings
- GCSEs A-C/9-4 English and Maths
- GCSE or Level 2 Functional Skill in ICT
- PLTS (Achieved and evidenced)
- Paediatric First Aid
- Theme 1: Health and well-being
- Theme 2: Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Theme 3: Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Theme 4: Professional development
Learners must achieve:
- 23 mandatory units (61 credits)
- All aspects of the framework
To gain this qualification the learner will need to:
- Pass all units
- Complete longitudinal study
- Show competence in a real work environment
CACHE suggests that the following placement allocation is applied.
We acknowledge that some learners may need to spend longer in specific age ranges and for this reason there is a degree of flexibility. All assessment criteria must be achieved and each age range must be experienced. Significant placement experience across the age ranges must be undertaken in order to achieve the assessment
0–1 year 11 months
2–2 years 11 months
A portfolio of evidence is built up using a variety of methods for example reflective accounts, direct observation, research tasks and professional discussion.
Learners should have gained a minimum of one C/4 grade in either Maths or English with a requirement to have achieved C/4 grades in both subjects on exit.
Carshalton College is located in the town of Carshalton, Surrey and is ideally suited to students based in Sutton, Croydon and London.