- Theme 1: Health and well-being
- Theme 2: Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Theme 3: Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Theme 4: Professional development
Learners must achieve:
- 350 Placement hours.
A 24+ Advanced Learning Loan is available for this course.
To gain this qualification the learner will need to:
- Pass all units
- Complete longitudinal study
CACHE suggests that the following placement allocation is applied.
'We acknowledge that some learners may need to spend longer in specific age ranges and for this reason there is a degree of flexibility. All assessment criteria must be achieved and each age range must be experienced. Significant placement experience across the age ranges must be undertaken in order to achieve the assessment'.
A portfolio of evidence is built up using a variety of methods for example reflective accounts, direct observation, research tasks and professional discussion
Upon achievement of this qualification, learners will gain their licence to practise and it is intended that learners will be able to enter the workforce as Early Years Educators or progress to Higher Education. Learners can progress into various job roles in the statutory, voluntary or private sectors such as:
- Practitioner in day nurseries
- Practitioner in nursery schools
- Practitioner in reception classes in primary schools
- Pre-school worker
Open Event Tuesday 6 March +Join us for our next Open Event at Carshalton College. Open Event Dates for 2018 Tuesday 6 March 4.30pm - 7.00pm Thursday 21 June 11.00am - 2.00pm Click here to pre register. For our March open event we will be celebrating National Apprenticeship week with fun competitions… Read More
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Technical Award/Certificate/Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator)
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Apprenticeship Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (England)
- NCFE CACHE Level 1 Award/Diploma in Introduction to Health & Social Care and Young People’s Settings
- CACHE Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) (QCF)
- CACHE Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools