- Theme 1: Health and well-being
- Theme 2: Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Theme 3: Play, development and learning for school readiness
Learners must achieve:
- 350 Placement hours.
- 23 Mandatory Units
A 19+ Advanced Learning Loan is available for this course.
To gain this qualification the learner will need to:
- Pass all 23 mandatory units
- Complete 1 longitudinal study
CACHE suggests that the following placement allocation is applied.
'We acknowledge that some learners may need to spend longer in specific age ranges and for this reason there is a degree of flexibility. All assessment criteria must be achieved and each age range must be experienced. Significant placement experience across the age ranges must be undertaken in order to achieve the assessment'.
A portfolio of evidence is built up using a variety of methods for example reflective accounts, direct observation, research tasks and professional discussion
- Practitioner in day nurseries
- Practitioner in nursery schools
- Practitioner in reception classes in primary schools
- Pre-school worker
Elmwood Nursery receives Ofsted Grade 2 +It's official - Elmwood is Good! We are pleased to announce our on-site Elmwood Nursery has been awarded a Grade 2 `Good' from Ofsted in it's recent report. What they said: "The quality of teaching is consistently strong". "Leaders and managers are passionate about providing quality experiences for… Read More
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Technical Award/Certificate/Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator)
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Apprenticeship Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (England)
- NCFE CACHE Level 1 Award/Diploma in Introduction to Health & Social Care and Young People’s Settings
- CACHE Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Foundation Degree (FdA) Early Childhood Education