- Theme 1: Health and well-being
- Theme 2: Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Theme 3: Play, development and learning for school readiness
Learners must achieve:
- 350 Placement hours.
- 23 Mandatory Units
A 19+ Advanced Learning Loan is available for this course.
To gain this qualification the learner will need to:
- Pass all 23 mandatory units
- Complete 1 longitudinal study
CACHE suggests that the following placement allocation is applied.
'We acknowledge that some learners may need to spend longer in specific age ranges and for this reason there is a degree of flexibility. All assessment criteria must be achieved and each age range must be experienced. Significant placement experience across the age ranges must be undertaken in order to achieve the assessment'.
A portfolio of evidence is built up using a variety of methods for example reflective accounts, direct observation, research tasks and professional discussion
- Practitioner in day nurseries
- Practitioner in nursery schools
- Practitioner in reception classes in primary schools
- Pre-school worker
A Visit to the Froebel Archives +Our Foundation Degree Early Childhood Education students went on a visit to the Froebel Archive at the University of Roehampton. Friedrich Froebel (1782-1852) was a German pioneer of Early Childhood Education, and his ideas underpin many aspects of childcare today including block play and singing to children. He advocated… Read More
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- NCFE CACHE Level 1 Diploma in Caring for Children
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Technical Award/Certificate/Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator)
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Apprenticeship Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (England)
- CACHE Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools