The Advanced Apprenticeship City & Guilds 2357-13 Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment) Level 3 is designed to provide new entrants, and those seeking progression in their careers, with the opportunity to develop the skills necessary to carry out job roles and responsibilities associated with the installation and maintenance of Electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment.
This qualification is available at Level 3 only, which is the level that the Electrotechnical industry recognises learners as having achieved the competence required to carry out the role.
Students on this course will be invited to attend cross-college events that will develop their job skills. Examples of previous events students have attended are:
Drug awareness, prevent, stop smoking, CV writing, healthy eating, sports activities and many more through our student services, learning centre and enterprise.
Guest speakers from - Renlon, Rail track, NIC, NAPIT, JIB and ECA, educational and historical trips to brick manufacturers, Wealden and Down, Chatsworth House, Royal Pavilion, Hampton Court and Winsor Castle to name just a few.
Learners also attend exhibitions such as IFSEC, ELEX, NIC and London ExCel Centre.
Site visits - Contractors include Berkley Homes, Barratt Homes and Willmott-Dixon.
A significant number of 16-18 learners complete work experience through local employers and through college based projects, gaining relevant skills to increase their employability.
Enrichment activities such as a football tournament and league in Pulse Sports Centre for construction and electrical students with medals for runner ups and winners including a cup, other activities include swimming, table tennis, and pool within the common room area.
Course Content and Job SkillsThe framework requirements are:
- City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment) (C&G 2357-13)
- Ensure safe electrical site working
- Prepare to install electrical wiring systems, wiring enclosures and equipment
- Install electric wiring systems, wiring enclosures and equipment
- Connect wiring systems and equipment using safe and approved methods
- Inspect, test and commission an electrical installation
- Diagnose and correct electrical faults
- Provide technical and functional information to relevant people
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment
- AM2 - Competency test
- Regulations concerning the installation of electrical circuits and equipment in building & structures.
- Associated practical, competence and technology
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT
- Practical assignments, written assignments, written and online tests.
- On site observations and assessments.
- Portfolio of work based evidence.
Entry RequirementsCandidates must have five GCSEs at Grades A-C to include Maths, English and Science.
Candidates should also have employment within the Electrical Contracting Industry for the provision of the work-based evidence which must include Domestic, Commercial and Industrial installation.
SuitabilityThose already working in the industry wishing to gain this qualification to achieve JIB grading.
Duration42 Months, 1 day each week
ProgressionCity and Guilds 2391 Test and Inspection, Foundation Degree in Electrotechnical
For information about course costs, please see the Carshalton College fees policy
Carshalton College is located in the town of Carshalton, Surrey and is ideally suited to students based in Sutton, Croydon and London.
2017 to 2018 Open Events +
Join us for our next Open Event at Carshalton College. 2017-2018 Open Event Dates 2017 Saturday 14 October 10.00am - 1.00pm Wednesday 15 November 4.30pm - 7.00pm 2018 Thursday 18 January 4.30pm - 7.00pm Tuesday 6 March 4.30pm - 7.00pm Thursday 21 June 11.00am - 2.00pm Click here if… Read More