Level 3 Diploma in Electrotechnology (Building & Structures) - City & Guilds 2365
Students on this course will be invited to attend cross-college events that will develop their job skills. Examples of previous events students have attended are:
Drug awareness, prevent, stop smoking, CV writing, healthy eating, sports activities and many more through our student services, learning centre and enterprise.
Guest speakers from - Renlon, Rail track, NIC, NAPIT, JIB and ECA, educational and historical trips to brick manufacturers, Wealden and Down, Chatsworth House, Royal Pavilion, Hampton Court and Winsor Castle to name just a few.
Learners also attend exhibitions such as IFSEC, ELEX, NIC and London ExCel Centre.
Site visits - Contractors include Berkley Homes, Barratt Homes and Willmott-Dixon.
A significant number of 16-18 learners complete work experience through local employers and through college based projects, gaining relevant skills to increase their employability.
Enrichment activities such as a football tournament and league in Pulse Sports Centre for construction and electrical students with medals for runner ups and winners including a cup, other activities include swimming, table tennis, and pool within the common room area.
Course Content and Job SkillsUnits studied include:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Understand the fundamental principles & requirements of Environmental Technology Systems
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical Installations: Fault diagnosis & rectification
- Electrical Installations: Inspection, testing & Commissioning
- Electrical Systems Design
- Career awareness in Building Services Engineering
- Practical assignments,
- Multiple choice questions,
- Written coursework & assignments
- C&G 2365 : Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation or equivalent
- Functional skills in English and Maths at Level 2
- A progression interview
SuitabilityStudents interested in a career within the electrical contracting and associated industries.
Duration One year Three days a week
Progression It allows candidates to progress into employment, although not as a fully qualified electrician, or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- 2392 Level 2, Certificate in fundamental Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification
- 2382 Level 3, Award in requirements for Electrical Installations
- 2391 Level 3, Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
- 2399 Level 3, Environmental Technologies
- 2356 Level 3, Electro technical Services NVQ & AM2, after gaining relevant employment & work experience
Employment in electrotechnical industry
Higher education. for example, Foundation degree or other Level 4/5 qualifications
For information about course costs, please see the Carshalton College fees policy
2017 to 2018 Open Events +
Join us for our next Open Event at Carshalton College. 2017-2018 Open Event Dates 2017 Saturday 14 October 10.00am - 1.00pm Wednesday 15 November 4.30pm - 7.00pm 2018 Thursday 18 January 4.30pm - 7.00pm Tuesday 6 March 4.30pm - 7.00pm Thursday 21 June 11.00am - 2.00pm Click here if you would… Read More