chosen domestic gas appliance under ACS controlled assessment conditions. A short
multiple choice open book theory paper will accompany each appliance assessment. 100%
pass rate required. The practical assessment will involve the following:
- Testing an existing metered gas installation with appliances connected for tightness.
- Identify, locate and repair any gas escapes. Purging an installation.
- Checking and/or setting meter regulators. Check standing and working pressures at the meter and explain the correct procedures to be taken if incorrect.
- Check and set burner pressures and gas rates in accordance with the appliance manufacturers instructions.
- Strip down, clean and fully service the appliance. Re-establish an existing gas supply by completing visual inspection of the system, purging, relighting appliances and checking for spillage at any open flue appliances.
- Characteristics of combustion and conducting combustion analysis. Identify visual signs of complete and incomplete combustion due to faults from the lack of primary air, the condition of the burner and its components.
- Identification of unsafe situations. Emergency notices and warning Labels.
- Checking ventilation requirements for specified situations.
- Inspect and test room sealed and open flues. Carry out a flue flow test and a spillage test. Checking flues and catchment spaces.
- Identify specific gas controls by written description and conduct a fault finding exercise so as to identify and remedy any controls not operating correctly
ACS Domestic Natural Gas Fired Appliance Assessment.
The candidate may choose any 3 x appliances from CENWAT 1 (Boilers / Water Heaters),
CKR 1 (Cookers), HTR 1 (Fires), DAH 1 (Warm Air Heaters), MET 1 (6 m³/h Gas Meters).
Candidates are required bring to the assessment two colour passport photographs, their
National Insurance Number and current Gas Safe Register card and/or ACS CCN1
Assessment Fee : £300 (Payment must be made in advance of assessment)
Please note that course fees are accurate at time of publication but may be subject to
Open Event Thursday 21 June 11am to 2pm +Join us for our last Open Event at Carshalton College for September 2018 entry. Thursday 21 June 11.00am - 2.00pm Click here to pre register. Find out about the courses on offer Meet our friendly and helpful tutors Take a tour of our excellent facilities Get Advice and Guidance… Read More