Candidates will receive training and then be required to install, service and maintain the chosen domestic gas appliance under ACS controlled assessment conditions. A short multiple choice open book theory paper will accompany each appliance assessment.
Candidates will receive training and then be required to install, service and maintain the
chosen domestic gas appliance under ACS controlled assessment conditions. A short multiple
choice open book theory paper will accompany each appliance assessment. 100% pass rate
required. The practical assessment will involve the following:-
- Testing an existing metered gas installation with appliances connected for tightness.
- Identify, locate and repair any gas escapes. Purging an installation.
- Checking and/or setting meter regulators. Check standing and working pressures at the meter and explain the correct procedures to be taken if incorrect.
- Check and set burner pressures and gas rates in accordance with the appliance manufacturers instructions.
- Strip down, clean and fully service the appliance. Re-establish an existing gas supply by completing visual inspection of the system, purging, relighting appliances and checking for spillage at any open flue appliances.
- Characteristics of combustion and conducting combustion analysis. Identify visual signs of complete and incomplete combustion due to faults from the lack of primary air, the condition of the burner and its components.
- Identification of unsafe situations. Emergency notices and warning Labels.
- Checking ventilation requirements for specified situations.
- Inspect and test room sealed and open flues. Carry out a flue flow test and a spillage test. Checking flues and catchment spaces.
- Identify specific gas controls by written description and conduct a fault finding exercise so as to identify and remedy any controls not operating correctly.
The candidate may choose any one appliance from CENWAT 1 (Boilers / Water Heaters),
CKR 1 (Cookers), HTR 1 (Fires), DAH 1 (Warm Air Heaters), MET 1 (6 m³/h Gas Meters
European Registration Scheme (E.R.S) Certificate.
ACS Domestic Natural Gas Fired Appliance Assessment.
National Insurance Number and current Gas Safe Register card and/or ACS CCN1 certificate
Costs: £200 (Payment must be made in advance of assessment)
Please note that course fees are accurate at time of publication but may be subject to
We also offer a Single Domestic Appliance assessment only for £150
Candidates will need to bring to the assessment two colour photographs, their National Insurance Number and current Gas Safe card or ACS certificates.
Plumbing Success for College Student +T'Jay Johnson is studying Plumbing at Carshalton College and is currently on his first year of the Level 2 City & Guilds Plumbing Diploma.T'Jay first became interested in Plumbing as a career when his sister Vicki was offered a place at the British Gas Academy after completing a Plumbing course… Read More