Attendance/ Course Duration
- Testing an existing metered gas installation with appliances connected for tightness.
- Identify, locate and repair any gas escapes. Purging an installation.
- Checking and/or setting meter regulators. Check standing and working pressures at the meter and explain the correct procedures to be taken if incorrect. Checking and setting burner pressures and gas rates in accordance with the appliance manufacturers instructions.
- Strip down, clean and fully service the appliance. Re-establish an existing gas supply by completing visual inspection of the system, purging and relighting appliances.
- Characteristics of combustion and conducting combustion analysis. Identify visual signs of complete and incomplete combustion.
- Identification of unsafe situations. Emergency notices and warning Labels.
- Checking ventilation requirements for specified situations.
- Inspecting and testing room sealed and open flues. Conducting a flue flow test and a spillage test. Checking flues and catchment spaces for faults.
- Identify specific gas controls by written description and conduct a fault finding exercise so as to identify and remedy any controls not operating correctly.
Please note that course fees are accurate at time of publication but may be subject to change.
Open Event Tuesday 6 March +Join us for our next Open Event at Carshalton College. Open Event Dates for 2018 Tuesday 6 March 4.30pm - 7.00pm Thursday 21 June 11.00am - 2.00pm Click here to pre register. For our March open event we will be celebrating National Apprenticeship week with fun competitions… Read More
- Qualification for Apprenticeship in Fire and Intruder Alarms
- City and Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Electrical Installation
- City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Electrotechnology (Buildings and Structures) 2365-02
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnology (Building & Structures)2365-03
- City & Guilds Level 3 Electrotechnical Qualification (installation) or (maintenance) (5357-03)