Course Content and Job Skills
- Investigate employment in the uniformed services
- Physical fitness for the uniformed services
- Develop team working and problem solving skills
- Health and Safety in the uniformed services
- Follow uniformed service routine
- Exploring equality and diversity for the uniformed services
- Carry out map reading and navigation
- Undertake adventurous activities
You will also study Functional Skills/GCSE maths & English for those who do not have a grade C/4 in both these subjects - this is mandatory.
A positive reference from school, an employer or a tutor (if progressing) with punctuality and attendance is also required for this course.
Students can also progress onto the 1/2 year Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma in Uniformed Services.
A wide range of visits to the Public Service workplaces will be organised over the course.
You will also have the opportunity to experience a residential outdoor adventure visit which aims to develop your teamwork, communication and leadership skills.
Additional equipment you will need to get throughout the year:
- Walking boots, rainproof jacket and sleeping bag.
- Travel card for additional visits that may be arranged during the year.
100% attendance is expected and due to the popular nature of these courses, we are unable to offer firm progression to all of our students. The limited places are offered on the basis of attendance, punctuality, attitude and achievement. These qualities must be demonstrated throughout the programme.
You will also have access to our multi million pound gym facilities during your sessions: Pulse Gym
You can view our courses and additional information through our Facebook page: Facebook
Spotlight on Sports +Bernardo Maia, Sports Level 2 “I always liked sports from a young age and practise whenever I have the chance. Carshalton College is my local college and as they had a good range of Sports courses, I chose to enrol on the Level 1 Sports course last year. … Read More