Course Content and Job Skills
- Develop aspects of physical fitness for entry to the uniformed services
- Develop leadership skills
- Prepare for a career in a chosen uniformed service
- Security Procedures in the uniformed services
- Understand the impact of war and conflict on the uniformed services
- Understand and develop conflict management and personal protection
- Participate in uniformed service routine
- Volunteering in the uniformed services
- Carry out map reading and navigation across open country
- Emergency planning and response in the uniformed services
- Skills for Land-based activities
- Crime scene investigation
- Skills for water-based activities
- Expedition skills
- Mental and physical wellbeing
- Values and standards
- Equality Diversity and inclusion
You may also be asked to demonstrate your commitment and skills in an interview. A good level of fitness is also required.
A positive reference from school, employer or tutor (if progressing or from another college) is essential, together with excellent attendance and punctuality records.
Extended Diploma: Year 2
Past students have gone into careers such as:
- The Police
- The Armed Forces
- The Fire Service
A wide range of visits will be organised during the course.
You may be required to purchase a travel card for additional visits that may be arranged during the year.
You will also have the opportunity to experience an outdoor adventure visit, which aims to develop your teamwork, communication and leadership skills.
Additional equipment you will need to get throughout the year:
Walking boots, rainproof jacket and sleeping bag.
Travel card for additional visits that may be arranged during the year.
You will also have access during your sessions to our multi million pound gym facilities which is part of the college.
You will also have access to our multi million pound gym facilities during your sessions:Pulse Gym
You can view our courses and additional information through our Facebook page: Facebook
Tuition, exam and registration fees not applicable to students aged 16 to 18.
Spotlight on Sports +Bernardo Maia, Sports Level 2 “I always liked sports from a young age and practise whenever I have the chance. Carshalton College is my local college and as they had a good range of Sports courses, I chose to enrol on the Level 1 Sports course last year. … Read More