YMCA Level 2 Gym Instructor
Course Content and Job Skills
Level 2 Gym
- Health, Safety and Welfare in a Fitness Environment.
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise.
- Principles of Exercise Fitness and Health.
- Know How to Support Clients Who Take Part in Exercise and Physical Activity.
- Planning Gym-Based Exercise.
- Instructing Gym-Based Exercise.
During the course you will learn how to:
- Identify the major bones, muscles and muscle actions of the body.
- Explain the workings of the body's cardiovascular and energy systems.
- Identify the components and principles of fitness.
- Relate the Health & Safety at Work Act to the gym environment.
- Identify good customer care and strategies for the adoption and maintenance of physical activity.
- Plan, teach and evaluate a gym programme.
- Demonstrate good personal technique and alignment on a range of cardiovascular equipment, fixed resistance machines and free weights.
L3 Personal Training
Anatomy and physiology including:
- The heart and circulatory system.
- The musculoskeletal system postural and core stability.
- The nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health.
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments.
- The safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients.
- The health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating.
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme.
- How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme.
- How to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages.
- YMCA Level 2 Award in Instructing Group Indoor Cycling Sessions - This course will be available for any studernts that finish their main qualification before June.
- Level 2 Maths and English Functional Skills.
- GCSE Maths and GCSE English (if you have not achieved a "C/4" GCSE grade in English & maths, it is mandatory that you continue to study them as part of your programme.
There will be some self- study but the majority of the course will be taught by your tutor.
- Multiple choice theory paper/e-assessment
- Practical examination
- Learner assessment record
- e-Assessment Multiple choice examination (Anatomy and Nutrition)
- Portfolio of evidence
- Practical assessment
Applicants should also have a keen interest in fitness and fitness instructing.
The YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing - Gym-Based Exercise is the minimum qualification you need to instruct fitness.
Progression could also include: Level 4 Practitioner Award in programming and supervising exercise with disabled clients or Level 3 Diploma in exercise referral.
Start Date: September 2018 Course Code: HB1110
You will also have access to our multi million pound gym facilities during your sessions. Pulse Gym
You can view our courses and additional information through our Facebook page: Facebook
Open Event Thursday 21 June 11am to 2pm +Join us for our last Open Event at Carshalton College for September 2018 entry. Thursday 21 June 11.00am - 2.00pm Click here to pre register. Find out about the courses on offer Meet our friendly and helpful tutors Take a tour of our excellent facilities Get Advice and Guidance on your study options Complete an application form Free refreshments available Pre register and bring your ticket along for immediate entry to the event. Please note that anyone accompanying you on your visit is NOT required to register. Carshalton College has been educating people and realising students’ ambitions for more than 60 years and boasts excellent facilities that are continuously evolving to provide an outstanding vocational learning environment. Our courses suit everyone aged from 16 years. We offer Full Time, Part Time, Apprenticeships, Access, Undergraduate and Supported Learning courses in a wide range of subjects. These include Accounting Beauty Art & Design Digital Media Games Development Childcare Construction Brickwork Plastering Carpentry Plumbing Electrical (apprenticeship only) Motor Vehicle Sport Public Services Supported Learning ***Please note we no longer offer Catering, Electrical full time, Hairdressing, Health & Social Care and IT at our Carshalton Campus. If you are interested in these… Read More
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Sport (Sport, Exercise & Fitness)
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma in Sport (Sport & Exercise Science)
- YMCA Level 2 Gym Instructor/YMCA Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (Gym-based Exercise)
- YMCA Level 1 Diploma in Sport and Active Leisure
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Sport and Physical Activity (Sports Coaching)