Course Content and Job Skills
- How the Body Works
- Improving Own Fitness
- Taking Part in Exercise and Fitness
- Planning Own Fitness Programme
- Investigating Rights and Responsibilities at Work
- Taking Part in Sport
- Assisting a Leader of Sports or Active Leisure Activities to Plan and Deliver an Activity
- Job Opportunities in Sport and Active Leisure
- Working in Sport and Active Leisure
- Sport and Active Leisure Project
- Managing Your Health at Work
- Functional Skills/GCSEs in English & maths which are a mandatory part of the course
Work Experience/Employability Skills
Work experience will be undertaken by all students, you will work with the Sports Team throughout the year working as a Recreation Assisstant in Pulse gym/Sports Hall, this is a mandatory part of your course.
Trips and visits to Sports career fairs and employers are organised throughout the course.
Students on this course will be invited to attend cross-college events that will develop their job skills.
The course will also help learners develop their English, maths and employability skills, and gain a Level 1 qualification.
A positive reference is also required from school, employer or a tutor - this must include attendance and punctuality.
You may also be asked to demonstrate your commitment and skills in an interview.
You will also have access to our multi million pound gym facilities during your sessions: Pulse Gym
You can also visit our Sports & Public Services Facebook page, please click here: Facebook
Open Event Tuesday 6 March +Join us for our next Open Event at Carshalton College. Open Event Dates for 2018 Tuesday 6 March 4.30pm - 7.00pm Thursday 21 June 11.00am - 2.00pm Click here to pre register. For our March open event we will be celebrating National Apprenticeship week with fun competitions and have-a-go activities such as: • Mini manicures • Lay a brick • Plumb a pipe • Fuse a plug • Plane some wood • Fitness Testing/bike speed competition • Games competition • Childcare, virtual baby demos and interactive play equipment Plus: Find out about the courses on offer Meet our friendly and helpful tutors Take a tour of our excellent facilities Get Advice and Guidance on your study options Complete an application form Free refreshments available Pre register and bring your ticket along for immediate entry to the event. Please note that anyone accompanying you on your visit is NOT required to register. Carshalton College has been educating people and realising students’ ambitions for more than 60 years and boasts excellent facilities that are continuously evolving to provide an outstanding vocational learning environment. Our courses suit everyone aged from 16 years. We offer Full Time, Part Time, Apprenticeships, Access, Undergraduate and Supported Learning courses in a… Read More
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Sport (Sport, Exercise & Fitness)
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma in Sport (Sport & Exercise Science)
- YMCA Level 2 Gym Instructor/YMCA Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (Gym-based Exercise)
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education & School Sport
- YMCA Level 1 Diploma in Sport and Active Leisure