If you are in Year 11 and thinking about your next step, you should start the process of applying to college and sixth forms as soon as possible, here’s why...
- It takes time - Researching options available to you, attending open events, applying and attending an interview at the college can be a time-consuming process. The earlier in Year 11 you start the easier this process will be.
- More chance of getting a place - If you are applying for a popular course there may be a limited number of places, therefore the earlier you apply the more likely you will be offered a place at your chosen college.
- Interview early - You already have a busy year ahead with your GCSEs, if you need to interview for your place at college you will be able to get this done earlier in the year. Your future self will thank you!
- More choice - You can apply and hold offers to more than one college, the earlier you do this the longer you will have to decide on which college is best for you. Some colleges may offer you the opportunity to meet tutors and attend taster days before you make your final decision.
- Eliminate stress - Once you receive your GCSE results you will be able to enrol at college instead of sorting out last minute options. It will eliminate the stress on GCSE results day.