The College has a strong commitment to including the views of staff and students to feature in strategic development over the coming years. Our aims and objectives are contained in the strategy document below, together with our mission statement and a summary of our values.
Carshalton College is federated with Kingston College, and all the services shared by the two colleges now come under the Kingston and Sutton Educational Partnership (KSEP).
Our MissionWe will provide ever higher standards of learning, teaching, support and success to a diverse and ambitious community of students and employers, securing progress for all and making Carshalton College a happy and rewarding place to be.
Our ValuesVERSATILITY Our and our students’ ability to adapt to the world.
OPPORTUNITY Taking and making chances to progress and improve.
INCLUSION Securing the best for everyone in our community.
CHOICE Knowing our students and partners choose us over others.
EXCELLENCE Doing what we do very, very well.
Strategic ObjectivesOur strategic objectives for 2015-16 are to:
- Continue to raise standards, with a target of 90% for all success rates (including Apprenticeships and functional skills), student approval scores and attendance rates
- Deliver outstanding progression for our students, based on our new strategy for work exposure
- Ensure that every student attends appropriate English and Maths classes and achieves to a high standard
- Ensure that all students have a stretching target grade set for them individually and that at least 70% meet or exceed their target
- Diversify income further through curriculum development, especially through HE, Apprenticeships, Adult Learning Loans and LLDD provision
- Ensure income targets are met and financial viability in both Colleges is secure
- Develop the skills of our managers at all levels with a common set of approaches and values
- Strengthen equalities practice, diversifying our workforce further
- Improve the well-being of colleagues working in our federation
- Develop further partnerships for our federation
Ofsted ReportOfsted visited the College in May 2014. They graded us as "Good". For a more detailed breakdown of the grade see the full Ofsted Report.